LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting an array

Hi,

I have an array (1d) with 178 double values, Each value has an indicator in the front panel. I wanted to know how to split the array and send 178 values to 178 indicators  present in front panel. Are tabels useful in these case?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,486 Views)

Tables are very useful in this situation.  I really hope you don't have 178 numeric indicators on your front panel.  That would be one crowded panel.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,471 Views)

I agree with crossrulz,

I hope you do not have 178 numeric indicators on your front panel.  Yikes!  😮

A table definitely makes sense.  Everything must (and can) fit within a single screen.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,463 Views)

Even an array indicator would be preferable to maintaining 178 indicators but,  IF you MUST something like this would get you there with enough wires.

123.png

Silly Snippett tool.  those ref controls should be control refs.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,459 Views)

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:Silly Snippett tool.  those ref controls should be control refs.

Code Capture Tool is far superior than the built in snippet tool.  It's also available via VIPM on the LV Tools Network.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 8
(2,456 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:Silly Snippett tool.  those ref controls should be control refs.

Code Capture Tool is far superior than the built in snippet tool.  It's also available via VIPM on the LV Tools Network.

I know.  I even have it installed I should just re-target that old menu shortcut with my own QDSC but I'm just a bit lazy about that.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,440 Views)

Hi,

R there any detailed examples wrt my situation. If so pls post it 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,400 Views)

@jay090909 wrote:

I have an array (1d) with 178 double values, Each value has an indicator in the front panel. I wanted to know how to split the array and send 178 values to 178 indicators  present in front panel. Are tabels useful in these case?

If you have 178 numeric indicators, simply use "index array", expand it for 178 outpus, and wire the terminals in sequence.

Can you show us a picture of your front panel?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,371 Views)