cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spectral Analysis from TDMS

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello again 😉

I have to convert my data (it shows me volts) to show me result in Pa. 

I know that I have to multiply my data x 28000. 

I thought abaut use WDT Scale Delta t DBL.vi but I don't know where to put it. Can you help me one more time? 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(626 Views)

Scale Deta t changes the timing not the amplitude. What you want is Waveform Scale and Offset.vi in Waveform >> Analog Wfm palette.

If you were to make the change in the VI I posted earlier, you would put it after the Index Array, outside the loop.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(611 Views)

I did what you wrote to me, but my waveform is bad. Can you look at this at free time? 

I've got to multiply my data (x1000), next divide (/22,5). I think that graph looks not good. It's weird.

I added my data from microphone,

thank you

I could not add the tdms (i changed name to txt)

http://speedy.sh/fZbpk/Albert-Pozegnanie.tdms

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(603 Views)

You need to connect the scale factor (1000/22.5) to the Scale input and the waveform to the Wavefrom in.  The data you posted 11 January also ppears to have an offset of about 6.25. When I connect those values to scale and offset, the data seems to clean up nicely.

Lynn

Scale waveform.png 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(573 Views)

Ohhhhh yeah 🙂 That's it! Thanks again 🙂

Can you write me more abaut offset? 🙂 What is the best method to choose right offset?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(568 Views)

I used the "calibrated eyeball" method. I looked at the waveform graph of the signal after scaling but with no offset. It looked like the baseline was about -6.25. When I put 6.25 into the offset, the baseline went to near zero.

A more determinsitic method is to use the Basic Averaged DC-RMS.vi from the Signal Processing >> Waveform Measuerments palette. First scale the data (because the offset is applied after multiplication). Then measure the DC component with this VI. Then apply the negative of the DC value as offset.

The Scale and Offset VI does a simple linear scaling y = m*x + b, where x is an element of the input array (confusingly, the Y component of the waveform), m is the slope, or scale factor, and b is the offset. This is explained in the Detailed Help file for the VI.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(558 Views)

calibrated eyeball method - taht's good Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(551 Views)

Your eyeball is really accurate, I measured DC and the result was 6.31 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(546 Views)

That is what 40 years of staring at oscilloscopes will do.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(543 Views)