LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spectra peak separation (Peakfit) for Labview (v8.2)

Hello all,

I searched through the forums but couldn't find what I am looking for. 

We are generating spectra files with the rate of 200 scans/second, through a FTIR instrument and I need to perform some peak analysis and calculations on these. For a 5 minute experiment the data becomes huge and I need these calculations to be automated due to the number of scans. 

For some samples, the peaks I am interested are isolated and clean so I don't need to perform any extra procedure, just select the region of interest, calculate the area and get my numbers. But the life is not easy right... Smiley Frustrated

My questions is: 

For some samples, the peaks have overlapping regions and I need to separate these zones into two or more peaks. For this purpose I was using Peakfit program from Systat software manually for small number of spectra files. If possible, I want to perform similar action on Labview and try to automate the process so I can develop some kind of procedure for large number of spectra I have. Basically I need this program to separate the fused peaks into indivual peaks and then I can calculate the area of the peak I need.

I attached an example picture from Pekafit website.

Anyone had to deal with such problem in labview? If so any help and advice will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks for your time. 

Emre

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,776 Views)

Emre,

I have no personal experience with these types of measurements, however our Spectral Analysis and/or Advanced Signal Processing Toolkits may have some functions you would find helpful in this measurement.

https://www.ni.com/en/support/downloads/software-products/download.spectral-measurements-toolkit.htm...

https://www.ni.com/en/shop/labview/select-edition.html

Sorry I couldn't be much help at this point, I'll look into your question further and see if I can fiind more information.

-Nick-

Nick C | Software Project Manager - LabVIEW Real-Time | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,757 Views)

Hello Nick,

Thanks for the reply. I will check those two toolkits in details. 

Emre

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,740 Views)

Hi ...

Did you find a way to do it using LabView 8.2??

Thanks for your time 

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,520 Views)

Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,049 Views)