From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spectogram similar to "Baudline" within LabView

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey folks,

I was wondering if LabView has a similar diagram to the spectogram diagram of the baudline Software (see attachment).

I tried it with the waterfall diagram but thats not really working for me. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,178 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author meeeeeeeeeee

Hi mee,

welcome to the forum!

Yes, LabVIEW has what you need:

- For the spectogram you can use an intensity graph. This one also supports cursors, which can be used to pick the "time of interest" as shown in your image.

- To present the single FFT in the lower part of your picture you use a waveform graph…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(3,162 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi mee,

welcome to the forum!

Yes, LabVIEW has what you need:

- For the spectogram you can use an intensity graph. This one also supports cursors, which can be used to pick the "time of interest" as shown in your image.

- To present the single FFT in the lower part of your picture you use a waveform graph…

That is not a static intensity graph it is a "waterfall" display taht scrolls vertically.

Can an intensity graph scroll vertically like the "waterfall" in Baudline and SDR applications?

SDR# waterfall 

Baudline waterfall

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,132 Views)

Hey,

thanks for the quick responses. Yes what I'm looking for should display the "history" like in a waterfall graph (see picture from RTSLVU).

Isn't that possible with the intensity graph? Sorry I'm quite new to Labview and it's on my work computer so I couldn't validate the answer yet (today was home office ;-)).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,120 Views)

Hi RTSVLU and me,

an intensity graph just shows the content of the 2D array data wired to it (THINK DATAFLOW!): when you want to scroll vertically all you need to do is add columns instead of rows. Or use TransposeArray…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 5
(3,081 Views)