LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spawning new process Labview 8, and setting frontpanel

I currently have a snippet of code (its messy I'm testing concepts).

do thangs.png

That attempts to launch a sub-VI to run in parellel, and communicate back a moving average of the value it collects (though legacy DAQ).

The two VI's communicate via a notifier.

I create a static reference, and open the IV reference, I then set the two notifier.

this.png

The problem is within the red square by interacting with the front panel, I put the VI in a state where it cannont execute.

The unlock control is an interaction where I've experimented with restoring the ability for the VI to execute. So far no luck.

Any advice? (Labview 8 Windows XP Service pack 3).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,272 Views)

Hi,

I'm not sure why it is going to a state in which it can't execute, is it the notifier reference that is not being accepted? I haven't tried passing a notifier before with the Ctrl Val.Set method, though I would expect it to work.

You could always take a different approach and just create a named notifier in both VIs with the same name, then you no longer have to pass the reference into the front panel control.

Ian S
Applications Engineer CLA
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,217 Views)

You say you're using LV 8 (it's been a while since I've seen pink error wires), so why are you feeding 0x80 into the OVR function? The LV 8.0 help says the max value is 0x10. I'm going to guess this is your problem.

Also, why are you calling the Unlock Control method? It says it only applies to remote FP connections, so it shouldn't have anything to do with this.

Also, if you want the Run VI method not to block, the wait input should be false.

I suggest you look at the relevant examples in the example finder (Help>>Find Examples) and follow those. There should also be examples online.

(2,191 Views)