cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spartan 3E serial communication

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi thanks for your help

I use the example you send me (fpgaserialreadwrite_8.6) and I configured my fpga and I changed the input and output ports, I used DTE_TXD as transmitter and receiver as DCE_TXD . I compiled the FPGA MAIN.vi with success and I used the VI Read Write Exemple.vi to send a character but prblème I receive in the hypertiminale cartéres special.
I did not understand this problem.

Please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(817 Views)

Hi thanks for your help

I use the example you send me (fpgaserialreadwrite_8.6) and I configured my fpga and I changed the input and output ports, I used DTE_TXD as transmitter and receiver as DCE_TXD . I compiled the FPGA MAIN.vi with success and I used the VI Read Write Exemple.vi to send a character but prblème I receive in the hypertiminale cartéres special.
I did not understand this problem.

Please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(817 Views)

hello,

Did you setup the correct values in hyperterminal? like number of bits, number of stopbits, baudrate? if you are sure that is all correct try to send  the ascii value of the character instead of the actual character. you can find all the ascii values just by googling "ascii table"

kind regards,

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(812 Views)

Hi thanks for your help

The aim of my project is to achieve communication between two terminals (2 PC) by the intermediary of the FPGA (Spartan 3E).
PC 1 (com1) HyperTerminal (Send & Receive Data) ----> FPGA (UART) (Send & Receive Data) -----> PC2 (COM2) HyperTerminal (Send & Receive Data)
I send you the FPGA VI main.Vi

Please check my program.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(801 Views)

I have to control the motion of 4 DC rhino Servomotors using Spartan 3E board.I have to implement through I2C communication.I have made a VI for controlling a single motor.steps that I have followed are-

1.I have used the J1 header pins I/O1 and I/O2 as SCL and SDA pins respectively.

2.In the VI, initially both SCL and SDA lines are high.

3.while the scl is high ,sda makes a transition from high to low.

4.after that I have set the SCL line low to send the address and the data byte on the SDA line.After the communication is over , again both the lines become high.

Problems:

1.While sending the data through the VI to vary the speed of the motor ,its not varying."

2.the motor is not stopping upon sending data 0 .

3. I have to control the motion of 4 motors at a time.I am facing problem as to how to address them and what all changes I need to make in the VI.

Please provide me the valuable suggestions and modification needed in the VI as soon as possible.

Thanking You,

Regards
Pooja

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(647 Views)