LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Navigator on Labview

Hi all,

Does any one know how to acquire Signal from 3DConnection SpaceNavigator? 

I'd like to know the attitude of the joystick.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,744 Views)

I'm not sure since I've never used one of these before but a quick check of the website makes me think your going to need to start by looking at the SDK from the website.  Most likely the information you seek will be available via the dll calls.

Jason Willis

LabVIEW CLD

Wire Warrior

Behold the power of LabVIEW as my army of Roomba minions streaks across the floor!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,724 Views)

Ive had luck using the active X VIs to get data from it. Check the devkit on the 3Dconnexion site, it has the definitions of all the commands.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,437 Views)

Hi Neil84,

You can monitor your "3DConnection SpaceNavigartor" with the "Input Device Control palette".

I invite you to read the following information on our website about this topic

How Can I Monitor a Joystick, Keyboard, or Mouse in LabVIEW?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/CA411647F224787B86256DD000669EFE

Best Regards,

Message 4 of 9
(5,402 Views)

Neil84,

The "Input Device Control" VIs in LabVIEW did not work for me. They do not detect the 3DConnexions device not can they read data from it.

Has anyone gotten this to work in LabVIEW?

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,880 Views)

Works great for me,

all I did was plug in the SpaceNavigator, using the drivers windows found itself and I could get data from it using the "Initialize Joystick" and "Acquire Input Data" VI's

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,717 Views)

Hi,

I am having the same trouble, LV can't detetct the joystic/Space Navigator
I am inputing the device id to be 0 (default) as there is only 1 joystick installed, all I get is  -1 for the buttons and none for axes.

Do I need to install the proper driver using the NI VISA Wizard or am I missing anything, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

FYI, using LV 2014

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,470 Views)

I realized that as soon as you install the 3Dconnexion driver (3Dconnexion home) for the Space Navigator, LabVIEW can no longer read data from the Space Navigator. After I uninstall the driver, LabVIEW again reads the data fine. (A restart is required after uninstalling the Space Navigator driver.)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,473 Views)

I can only see it as an emulated joystick (KMJ Emulator) in LabVIEW 32-bit.  In LabVIEW 64-bit I see a bunch of other devices listed as joysticks (including my USB keyboard), but no KMJ Emulator.

(I'm using Win 10 64-bit)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,386 Views)