LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source code control Lost in the soup!

Hello All,

For the life of me, I can't get SCC to work. Here's the deal:

SCC appears to properly configured. Provider is built-in, no limit on backups, internal locking. Master is on a mapped network drive (I have R/W permissions). XP platform.

I open an existing top level vi. I launch SCC Provider. I create a new project and select my open vi as the top level vi. SCC gives me a list of vi's to be added to the project. When I try to save, I get an "Error Trying to Check in. File not currently out to you".

The project creation ends at this point. The project doesn't appear in the project list, but it looks like it is in SCC, based on the directory structure. None of the vi's except for the top vi appear to have been added.

Nobody else has tried adding this to SCC. I'm the only person trying to use it so it can't be out to anyone else. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the SCC portion of Labview. I've tried manually deleting the Source Code Control Master folder and reconfiguring. I've reconfigured with a master on a local drive. Nothing seems to help.

I did manage to get SCC to work with newly created vi's. The vi's I'm working with were originally created in 5.1 and have been mass compiled and resaved in 7.1.

Any ideas out there????

Thanks in advance,

Doug Gordon
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,249 Views)
Check the user name. If you checked it out using a different user name, it would not allow you to check it back in.

Also, never try to manually edit the master VI folder. Delete/add the project using the launch SCC provider. By the way I hope you are using the LabVIEW SCC built-in. I love it. IT's great.

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
Message 2 of 2
(2,226 Views)