From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound bar project

Hi all,

I am a third year student in management industry and I need to make an easy project that receives sound through the microphone and above a certain volume flashes or alternatively makes a beep. Although I have done many experiments in LabVIEW I couldn't build the program. Can somebody please help me?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(2,509 Views)

Could you let us see what you have so far?  Don't be shy - we're all here to help.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(2,496 Views)

Bill helo,

here is what i got so far: (sound aquisition)

the problem is that i don't know what should be the condition because the mic is very sensitive (even if i whisper the amplitude is very high).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(2,493 Views)

I am not familiar with the sound VIs, but I can't see anything wrong with this.  What are you having problems with?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(2,483 Views)

The Sound Input VIs do not offer any means of adjusting the signal level. You may be able to adjust that through the OS Sound Input controls.  I can do that on the Mac.

Otherwise you may need to move the microphone farther away from the source.

Lynn

Message 5 of 21
(2,480 Views)

ok....

anybody have an idea for a simpler project involves only mic?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(2,474 Views)

It doesn't get any simpler than what you have.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(2,469 Views)

cant you just get the waveform components and pull out the amplitude(Y) of the signal and do a comparison to what higher level you want?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(2,466 Views)

Yes I know Smiley Happy

But this project doesn't do nothing.

We need to build an easy project and we didn't learn this program so it's very difficult for me.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(2,465 Views)

I'm sorry i didn't understand you

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(2,460 Views)