LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound and Vibration Spectral map not working in LabVIEW 2011

I recently installed the latest development suite with LabVIEW 2011 and sound and vibration toolkit.

Previously I have successfully used the express function "spectral map" without a speed profile for plot type "frequency-time". With the installation of LV2011 I get an error saying "OA Speed Profile attribute not found" when using the function.

The setup is pretty straight forward with express functions "Simulate Signals", "Spectral Map" and "Color Map" in series.

Is there a bug fix or workaround for this problem?

Download All
Message 1 of 5
(2,725 Views)

It is strange that no one has encountered this problem. I tried reinstalling LabVIEW 2011 with Sound and Vibration Toolkit and I get the same error as reported in my previous post.

Now I am considering wheter to go through the tedious process of uninstalling Developer Suite 2011 and installing 2010 again only to get a working module of Spectral Map.

Too bad I have use time and pay to get updates that does not work...

Message 2 of 5
(2,683 Views)

I'm finding the same issue. Have you found a solution?

Also, I can't find much guidance on what the speed profile should be, a simple signal waveform.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,592 Views)

No, I haven't been able to make the Sound and Vibration Spectral Map express node work in LabVIEW 2011.

A workaround is to not use the express function for a spectral map. You can find the spectral map node under "Sound and Vibration"-"Order Analysis"-"Spectral Map".

I guess the speed profile should be the same for both the express and ordinary function. If so you need to input a cluster of 2 1D arrays, not a waveform. Array1 contains the time in seconds and Array2 the associated speed.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,580 Views)

Doesn't work either. And there is absolutely no information about digital encoder data logging

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,491 Views)