LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound VIs with audio files

I've been stuck with this VI that's supposed let the user set the frecuency and volume of an audio file, and play it.

I managed to get the frecuency part working with Play Waveform, but that doesn't let the volume be modified (or the playback to be stopped before it finishes, as far as I know). So I tried writing it directly into the sound card with the other Sound VIs, but I've only managed distortion with continuous samples, or silence and crashes with finite ones, which are what I understand I should be using. 

I've been trying to figure this out for hours, and I think most of my problems come from my lack of understanding of how the Sound VIs work, despite reading their help and support pages several times.

I've attached my latest VI. The playback doesn't work at all and it may crash your computer if it's anything like mine, but as long as you don't try to play anything it should be safe.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,154 Views)

Hello f-rivas

Are you monitoring your VI in order to identify why it is crashing? I mean, are you checking the memory usage to know if that is the problem?

Have you used the memory and performance tool for troubleshooting?

Regards

Frank R.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,063 Views)

Hi. I'm sorry for the late reply.

In the end, I managed to get the VI working by mofifying the program entirely. I'm still no sure what kept causing the crashes, but I'll try to figure it out at a later time using your advice. 

I'm very thankful for your reply, it made me realize there's a lot of tools in LabView that I've been ignoring because I never received proper instruction on the program. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,022 Views)