LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Input Noise

Hi all,

New to LabVIEWs sound modules and just want to set up a basic program that will eventually act like an intercom where pressing a button will send sound from the laptop microphone to a connected external speaker. Currently I'm trying to get the basics working where the attached VI shows the configuration of a sound input (based off of the specifications of the soundcard), reading that sound input and then outputting it through the express VI that is configured to output through my headset. Currently I am getting a rather good replication of the sound when the microphone picks up any sounds such as my voice. Unfortunately however it seems to be really noisey almost like static when there is no sound going to the microphone. I was just wondering if someone could explain to me what is happening in this situation and if they could provide a solution? My thoughts are that the internal components of the computer are generating the noise but then when the microphone picks up sound that noise is completely ignored. Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,753 Views)

Thought I'd add an image for ease of access. Thanks
Front Panel and Block Diagram

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,736 Views)

The sound system is not well supported, however....

Maybe your OS (Windows) sound system adds some additional processing. 'Enhancements' like dynamic compression, other sound channels (open the mixer and turn off all other sources? ) .. also the MIC input migth have a compressor enabled

Additionaly the sound hardware of your system migth cause these....

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,723 Views)