From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software for testing automation of a board (firmware)

I have to develop a software for testing automation of a board.

For that I have to read the input values from the config file and pass that values one by one to the board.

Here I am attaching the files.The 5 input values I have to pass to the board through NI PCI card...PCI-7833 RIO..How can I do that?

Values from 1st iteration should sent to the board then board will generate some output and then I have to check the actual output is similar to the expected output or not..Accordingly I have to declare is this particular input combination is passed or failed..After that the values from the 2nd iteration should goes to the board..And so on....

Please help me..Thanks in advance...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,739 Views)

Hi Tanump,

PCI7833R is a RT/FPGA target so you should use FPGA functions to output any data to your UUT.

And you should start by studying the example VIs that came with your LabVIEW and driver installation!

Btw. your VI is overly complicated and misses even basic error handling. When you want to output digital aka boolean values you should do so - no need to convert your I32 data to DBL values by repeated QR-math when a simple "number to boolean array" will serve the same purpose!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,723 Views)

How is your data being passed to the UUT?  Is it a simple 8 bits in parallel that you write to or is there some clocking involved?  What I'm trying to get at is that the FPGA card might be overkill, depending on the protocol.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,709 Views)

hi crossrulz

actually there are total 21 modules...currently i don't know details of all the modules...the module on which i am working currently has 5 binary inputs and 4 binary outputs...they are parallel...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,705 Views)

tanump1112 wrote:.the module on which i am working currently has 5 binary inputs and 4 binary outputs...they are parallel...

Is there any clocking involved in these lines are are they just static lines?

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,697 Views)

they are static

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,693 Views)

Then why not just use a simple DIO like the PCI-6503 or PCI-6509?  Then you can just do a simple write to lines with DAQmx.  Much simpler than having to write an FPGA and inface to it just to write and read some static lines.  Much cheaper than your FPGA card as well.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,688 Views)

this is for just a single module...total 21 modules and around 144 io's are there...out of which some inputs are digital and some are analog...and i have to develop S/W for testing automation of all the modules.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,681 Views)