LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Softmotion Anti Resonance SubVI Not Executable

I am working on the program for a series of turntables using a cRIO 9035 and the 9503 stepper drives and I was looking at the position set point example to get some ideas but for some reason the softmotion anti resonance sub VI is coming up as non executable. that VI is one of the password protected NI Vi's and so I am not able to get into the block diagram to see what the problem might be. Has anyone run into this problem before or know how I might resolve it?

Thanks,

Larry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,733 Views)

Hello LawrenceD,

Could you provide more context into the code itself (screenshots)? What is the error specifically saying? Are you able to run any of the other examples that utilize this subVI successfully? 

I think screenshots would give us a good starting point to go from

John H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,680 Views)

John,

I apologize for the late response I was out all last week. I have attached some snips to show you what I am getting for errors on two different project templates. Every project that I have tried to use that utilizes the anti-resonance subVI has had the same error and the only things that I have changed on the projects was to point it at my cRIO (making sure to move everything over to the new target). The two projects with errors shown in the snips are the position profile and position set point projects.

if you need any more information let me know.

Larry

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,638 Views)

Hello LawrenceD,

No problem, I understand your situation a bit better now. Have you tried to reinstall or repair reinstall the SoftMotion driver itself from online? I wonder if a re-installation of the driver will copy over any broken components of the problem subVI that you have mentioned. Unfortunately I do not have the password for those VIs but I think a fresh install of SoftMotion might rule out an installation error.

Please let me know what you think

John H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,608 Views)

Unfortunately the computer in question is on an isolated network separate from the main network and has no access to the internet. I will get ahold of the system admin and see if we can do a repair/reinstall of the software with the original drive.  

Larry

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,602 Views)

Hello LawrenceD,

You can download the installer from our website and then transfer the installer file over to your offline computer with a USB drive. This usually works for our customers that don't have access to the internet. The link can be found here on our evaluation page. It is the same software as a typical installation, you just need your serial number to activate it. Additionally, this post is on our LabVIEW forums when I think you could potentially be better served by posting this to our motion forums since it seems pretty directly related to the motion subVIs. Please let us know what  you think!

http://www.ni.com/gate/gb/GB_EVALTLKTINDCTRL/US

John H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,596 Views)