From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft Motion error -70229 (operating servo motor in SolidWorks from LabVIEW)

Hi Matt,

Well I installed SoftMotion 2012. Hit a problem because it has no option to "Start Simulation" once everything is set up as there was in 2013, so I'm stumped as to what to do from there. I will see what is available at uni tomrrow. Thanks again for all your help.

Regards,

Ashwin

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(1,024 Views)

Hi Ashwin, 

Do let me know how you get on. Another resource you might not have seen on starting and stopping SolidWorks simulations can be found at the following address. Be sure to follow these steps when trying to run your program. 

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371093M-01/mclvhowto/howtosolidworksstartsimulation/

In answer to your question, an FPGA is a reprogrammable silicon chip that can be found in some devices. More information about them can be found here http://www.ni.com/fpga/. You can simulate FPGA code on your PC, but I think this could prove more complicated that what you are trying to acheive, so it might be best to carry on trying to get what you have already to work. 

Kind regards,

Matt H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(1,018 Views)

Hi Matt,

Well I tried the SoftMotion tutorial from the NI site, and I succeeded in getting LabVIEW to fully control the SolidWorks model. I have still not been able to get any readings or activity with my own project though. I was advised I could demonstrate that my LV program works by plugging in numbers, and waveforms, that simulate the action of the CAD model. I am trying to implement that and may focus purely on that for now.

Thanks again for your help,

Kindest regards,

Ashwin

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(1,006 Views)

Hi Ashwin, 

Its potentially a coding problem then, I would recommend that you try to get as close to the tutorial code as possible if that worked for you. As I only have access to half of the software on my end (Not SolidWorks) its a bit hard for me to replicated exactly, and most I can do is refer you to resources. Sorry about that! hopefully someone who's attempted something like this in the past will post and share their experience in the meantime. 

Kind regards,

Matt H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(998 Views)

Hi Matt,

I think you are right, it is a coding issue, but I have no idea how to make it work 😕
A new method has been suggested to me that I am going to try and pursue, that bypasses the CAD model in favour of constants and waveform inputs to the LV model. I am hopeful it may work!

Thanks again for all your help!

Kindest regards,

Ashwin

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25
(994 Views)

Dear Matt and others,

Well it has been almost a year since I last posted on this query. Since then I have solved all software interface problems between SolidWorks and LabVIEW. I think using the university computers solved most issues, but a lot of experimenting over the past months have led me to a great understanding of the software interface. I have written a software manual which details my experiences of using these softwares in the context of the project I have been working on. If anybody would like to read the manual I can send it to them. It details how to use the software interface step by step. Thank you Matt for helping all those months ago when I was really struggling to get anywhere. Best of luck to all using this interface: it is very powerful and useful once you know how to use it.

Kindest regards,

Ashwin

Message 16 of 25
(911 Views)

Hi AshT3T2T,

🙂 I'm glad that there are more people studying these software. I work during the last month with these programs successfully. But in the last week has also left me the error -70229. I am trying to solve the problem. My English is not good and I have difficulties. I hope to get to the solution today or tomorrow. I would like to share with you the progress and help each other.

Best regards

Captura.PNG

This has been another error found

Captura de pantalla 2014-09-02 21.05.06.png

Es un placer echar una mano siempre( Base de una sana convivencia). Si mi respuesta te sirve por favor agradecemelo con un Kudo 🙂
Un especial saludo a mis hermanos latinos. Un mundo mejor es posible.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25
(899 Views)

Dear Ash,

Glad to hear you have been working for the manual. Currently I have the same issue as yours. Could you send me the software manual?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(881 Views)

Dear Nasmi,

I certainly can send you my manual. Unfortunately I don´t have it with me right now and won´t have access to a computer until Monday 27th but can send it then! Would that be ok?

Ash

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(874 Views)

Dear ash,

yup it would be certainly ok. Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(862 Views)