LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smith chart drawing extra lines on open

Solved!
Go to solution

If someone could tell me why the smith plot being shown in the attached VI has those extra lines drawn on an open I'd be forever greatful. If you change the line style to be just "points" you can see that there are no points out to the right, yet as soon as you show "points and lines" it draws them.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,036 Views)

Greg,

I am not allowed to use Smith charts. <sea story> While an undrgraduate I took an advanced field theory course. One of the exam questions required plotting data on a Smith chart. I made an error regarding normailzation. Two years later while working on my Master's degree I took a course in microwave engineering from the same professor. One of the exams included a Smith chart question and I made the same mistake.  The professor remembered and wrote some comment about it on the exam. I managed to pass the course anyway. <end sea story>

I notice that plots 0 and 3 have values reaching a few thousand while plots 1 and 2 have values much smaller.  All have values outside the +/-1 box you define for the smith plot section. I wonder if something about the scaling creates the issue.

I do not see the effect on LV 2015, 64-bit, on the Mac.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,007 Views)
Solution
Accepted by GregFreeman

I never could solve this problem and also noticed the smith chart was really slow with large frequency vectors. I also had to write my own plot visibility checkboxes in a listbox etc and got sick of it. here is code for plotting on an XY graph if you want. I will most likely just set a background image of a smith chart and not allow the users to zoom since the background image doesn't zoom, but this is much nicer than that picture control in my opinion, and quite simple.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,743 Views)