From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slider for Display and Control Time of Video

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey Community,

I run a Video with the IMAQ/ AVI components. Therefor i want to have a timeband as there is one in a normal video player. The Time runs and if I click on the band the video should jump to this moment of the video. Is there a possibility to manage that or do i have to seperate the display of the time and an extra Control to jump to the point of interest?

In the file there is a little example what i mean. (LabView 2010)

Thanks Philipp

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,450 Views)

hey,

although I do not have the imaq pack, this example looks a good place to start:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-15136

(2,417 Views)

Thanks for that tipp. That's quite what I mean. But in that VI there is the problem that you cannot change the framerate band while the .avi is runnig. That 's my aim.

🙂 

Lg Philipp

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,404 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PhilippZani

Hi Philipp,

you could do that by modifying the "Read AVI File Example.vi" (see Screenshot). I also attached the VI saved with "For previous version", I hope that works for you too.

This example uses the "IMAQ AVI2 Read Frame VI" function where you can specify the desired frame. So you only have a control that can modifies the current frame, which is normally incremented every loop iteration.

Best regards,

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,362 Views)

Thank you very much 🙂 

That was what i wanted to. Now i can finish my vi.

Great help.

Lg Philipp

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,340 Views)