From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skype Vi fails making a phone call

Skype Vi from here https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-1287

I exactly followed the steps written the web page. When I run it, it does have skype making a call, but the skype hang up after only a few seconds and shows the message "call weitong_cellphone, no answers".   Labview doesn't show any errors.

While with skype itself, I can paly a call to  the phone number successfully.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,487 Views)

It sounds like the problem is not a Labview issue, but has something to do with your Skype settings when you open it with your VI. Here's a forum thread that might be helpful:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/just-says-calling-then-no-answer/td-p/862602

Britton C.
Senior Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,439 Views)

Thanks.

I checked the posts on skype forum. It doesn't help. My situation seems to be different. I can make the call successfully directly in skype, but cann't through Labview.

WT

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,425 Views)

I just noticed that, besides the message  "Call to weitong_cellphone, no answer. ", there is a yellow highlight "call failed" showing up.  

PS: Labview can have skype calling to Echo123 (skype sound test service) successfully.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,413 Views)

I found the problem may be due to the labview invoking skype with "placecall" action. This "placecall" starts skype call  , not call to a mobile or telephone number.

How can solve this problem?

Wei Tong

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,407 Views)
You commented on the community page. There is also the author's web page. Did you try that?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,397 Views)

I just found the solution.

One have to give the phone number string instead of of usrname/account for calling a mobile/telephone.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,365 Views)