LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skipped frames in image acquisitio​n with 4 camera setup (2x 1430 cards), only recording approx. half the expected data

Hi all,

I have a VI which sets up a continuous grab for four camera-link cameras at 100Hz (512x640).  I have the cameras running on an external 100Hz clock for synchronization (comes from NI DAQ box, trigger ports on the 1430 cards are not connected to anything).  The VI stuffs all the frames into a queue, and then I (slowly) have it written to disk after I acquire what I want.

The problem is, for a 4 minute capture, I only get around 14,000 items in the queue instead of 24,000.  Also, each image gets filled out with a buffer number, so I can see that it's not missing every other frame or something like that, sometimes it will skip 10 in a row, sometimes it will skip only a few... any ideas?

Here is an image of my collection setup (the write to disk part is not shown, but that empties the queue just fine) --

Thanks!  Sorry for the x-post I made a mistake and put this question in the hardware forum >.<

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,239 Views)