From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sine wave fpga

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everybody,

I've tried to generate a signal in FPGA (with determined amplitude, frequency...) and plot it using waveform chart (also in the FPGA part), but when I put run continuously, I get a 0 amplitude signal during all the time. What's going wrong?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,051 Views)

Have you tried placing your code in a for loop instead of running continuously?

Regards,

Marco

Message 2 of 7
(3,041 Views)
Message 3 of 7
(3,035 Views)

It works but the signal generated is not constant and it doesn't seems perfect sinusoidal, it seems to be triangular.

Thanks 😉

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,034 Views)
Solution
Accepted by SEGIO

You can't use chart's on the FPGA. If you want to visualize the data it has to be done by the Host.

The FPGA code will be compiled to a bitfile without controls. The controls on the main VI represent the interface to the host and can't be (really) used to visualize the runtime behaviour.

Hope it helps

Christian

Message 5 of 7
(3,019 Views)

Is there any example of how to read data in FPGA from RT? I mean, I've an acquisition made and saved as .txt and I want to read it in RT and then transfer it to FPGA to implement an algorithm. I suppose that I should implement a FIFO but I'm not really sure how to do it. Can I send all the data or I've to send it with "small packets of data"?  Any help will be greatful 🙂

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,010 Views)

Hi ,

This example shows the simple functionality of a DMA FIFO used to send data to and from an FPGA target.

Simple DMA FIFO Example for FPGA

Message 7 of 7
(2,998 Views)