cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sine wave Generator using LabVIEW FPGA

Hello, 

I need to design a current control inverter as follows: 
IMG_20150301_162617.png

The DC-AC inverter is done using hardware, and the control system using labview. I am using sbrio9606 for data acquisition and to generate pwm.

However, i am stuck in creating a reference sinusoidal current reference in labview fpga. I have tried using Sine wave generator, but it does not seem to be working properly.

Any advice concerning generation of sinusoidal waveform in labview fpga would be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Keshav

P.s My appologies for the bad quality of the block diagram

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,445 Views)

Hello keshavsew,

There's many ways to do that.  I'm not sure which sine wave generator you are using.  On the FPGA you need to compute the sine wave sample in each iteration of you code. Can you post your code and I will comment on it.

Michel

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,436 Views)

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply.
Please find the attached files for the FPGA and Real time vi codes. I have also included an image of the graph obtained.
I managed to get a sinusoidal waveform of 50Hz( as per my requirement) with the method used. But the quality of the wave is not that good.
And also, i would like to ask whether it is possible to control the phase of the waveform using this method? (I will also need phase control for later stages).

Thank you very much

Best Regards,
Keshav
Fpga_sine.png

Real_time_sine.png

Front_panel_Real_time.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,416 Views)

Hello,

My current controller did not work using this sine wave generator. Any alternative method?

Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,388 Views)

Hi keshavsew,

I would recommend looking at the example code that is included in LabVIEW. The examples can be found in the help menu > Find examples. The example that I would start by looking at is called Sine Wave.lvproj this can be found under Hardware Input and Output > CompactRIO > Signal Generation and Processing > Analog > Generation > Sine Wave. If this is not what you are looking for let me know.

Scott B.
AE NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,357 Views)