LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous multichannel output and input using DAQ

Hello Community,

I am using NI 9263 (Analog Output Module) and NI 9229 (Analog Input Module) modeule to output and input signals. Both of them are 4 channeled. I want to output two same signals(its a combined pulse and triangular signal) simultaneously from two output channels (NI 9263) using labview, send them to A/D and record them(input them into labview) through NI 9229 Module. I kept on getting number of input tasks vs number of task to write error. Any suggestion to will be hignly apprecitated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,376 Views)

Hi Stame,

How are you implementing your code? Are you putting everything in one VI or running the built-in examples? Would it be possible to include a screenshot or attach your code? It would be much better for understanding what is causing this error.

Xavier
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,354 Views)

Hi,

I am putting everything in one VI trying different type of signals (say pulse, sinusoids, square ). I would like to output same waveform or different waveform from 2 different channels (using two analog outputs) to a A/D and  acquire those output( final signal)  from A/D to labview using Analog input module. Any suggestion?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,259 Views)

Are you sure the error is related to number of tasks and not number of channels? You are using the evil dynamic data and everything else is hidden in the DAQ Assistant. If you are truly configuring 2 channels in the DAQ Assistant, you must of course pass 2 channels of data to it. You've got a single channel coming from the simulate signal.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,223 Views)

Hi Stame,

This article shows how to use the DAQ Assistant VI for outputting signals on multiple channels:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/44F1067EA1893DF586256F4D001A1E14

Also you may want to take a look at the following tutorial for DAQmx Express VI’s.  It details how to configure Analog Input and Output like you are asking about.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/2744/en/

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,216 Views)