From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulink Model to LabView VI converter

Does anyone know how to convert simulink model into labview VI.i have used Control Design and Simulation toolkit for it.but it gives loads of error.I m trying to convert FHSS model to LABVIEW VI.so if anyone can please help.Also if someone know or if some has the vi for creating the hopping sequence for FHSS in labview. I  only need help regard generating hopping sequence in labview.
Message 1 of 13
(12,009 Views)

Please keep your question in one thread.

And you still have not told us what a 'hopping sequence' is.

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(12,004 Views)

Thread hopping? 😉

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 3 of 13
(12,000 Views)

What does it mean to keep a question in one thread?

Hopping sequence is used in frequency hopping spread spectrum by a signal to hop to a new frequency..In FHSS we mutlipy FSK modulated signal with the hopping sequence so tht fsk modulated signal shud jump to the new frequency.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(11,995 Views)

It means that it was not necessary to open two different topics in the forum for your problem.

I don't know anything about FHSS in labview but I can help you for the Control and Design Simulation Toolkit.

The toolkit SIT (Simulink Interface Toolkit) doesn't convert a model in a labview VI, but generate a dll which you'll be able to call and manipulate in Labview with SIT.

First of all you have to define the IN/OUT signals in your model by opening it in matlab-simulink and adding the labview specific terminals.

Then you'll have to build your dll with the Matlab Real-Time Workshop by selecting the "System Target File" nidll.tlc.

You'll find some help here : http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3583

When the dll is built, you'll have to open the SIT connection manager in Labview\Tools and select your new dll.

When the IN/OUT signals are assigned with the SIT connection manager, you'll be able to use the SIT functions to call your model (in the dll) and get values from it.

Gilles

Regards,

Gilles K.
Electronic System Engineer, Renault F1
Message 5 of 13
(11,965 Views)

Hello,

I'm dealing currently with the same task, and i wonder if once you create the .dll that you can call and manipulate, if you can integrate it in a block diagram already done... To be more specific, I am testing different types of controllers, and I only need to convert the simulink models into .vi's that represent the controllers. The rest (read signals, write in memory, etc)all that is already in a block diagram. I don't know if with the SIT conector you can call the .dll with VI blocks. 

I'd use the somulation model converter, but it doesn't work pretty well... my .mdl is kind of huge... 

Please, if you worked out your doubt, maybe you can help me... i'd appreciate it a lot.

thankx

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(11,673 Views)

Hello Fonsdecelis,

Yes you can do this. You would need to use the use the Simulation Interface Toolkit VIs to access your .dll and I have attached the help file provides a brief description for what each VI does and links to other help file explaining them in more detail. I hope this information helps you with this.

User Interface VIs

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371504E-01/lvsit/user_interface_vis/

Model Interface VIs

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371504E-01/lvsit/model_interface_vis/

JimS.

Jim St
National Instruments
RF Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(11,592 Views)

If you have Control Design and Simulation Module, you can use the Model Converter to convert your .mdl to LabVIEW VIs.

Untitled.png

Andy Chang
National Instruments
LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation
Message 8 of 13
(11,587 Views)

Hi,

I am doing my engineering 2nd year.

I am new to matlab and labview. Can you please send me the FHSS simulink model to salman26ec@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

Salman

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(10,121 Views)

please send me the simulink model of fhss

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(9,093 Views)