From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation Interface Toolkit Vs VeriStand

I am trying to use Matlab/Simulink models on a CompactRIO real time FPGA platform to run an ac motor.  Based on my research, I have two options: Simulation Interface Toolkit and NI VeriStand.  I would like to understand what are the limitations of Simulation Interface Toolkit and why VeriStand is the preferred method here.  I would most appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,311 Views)

Hi ExcelX,

The core difference between the Simulation Interface Toolkit and NI VeriStand is that NI VeriStand is a configuration based tool that allows you to import simulation models, DAQ/FPGA devices, etc. and map everything together out of the box.  The Simulation Interface Toolkit requires you to build LabVIEW code around your simulation model to perform additional functions.  NI VeriStand is preferred, because applications that involve simulation are typically quite complex, and NI VeriStand can significantly reduce software development time.  Here are some resources that can help paint a clearer picture of NI VeriStand:

NI VeriStand demonstration videos:  ni.com/veristand/demos

Importing Simulation Models into NI VeriStand: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/6488

Nick Keel
Product Manager - NI VeriStand and Model Interface Toolkit
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,272 Views)