From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulated NI9205

Hello,

I am simulating an NI 9205 (32-Ch +/- 10 V to +/- 200 mV 16-Bit Analog Input).

I would like to know if the LabView simulator allows one to simulate an input signal so that we can develop a test application before purchasing the board.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,337 Views)

Hi Cyclops.

Yes, you can simulate an NI 9205 and use it in LabVIEW to develop your application before purchasing the board. However the signal will always be the same. For example, for analog input is always a sine.

This tutorial should help you: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3698/en

I hope this help.

Regards,

Ricardo Ramos
Account Manager
+5511989658513 | ni.com

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,301 Views)

Hello Ricardo,

Thank you very much for your speedy reply. The information was truly useful. 

I have just one more consult. For the NI 9205, I can simulate a cDAQ chassis using the NI-DAQmx Simulated Devices. This simulation tool comes with NI-DAQmx.

Is there anyway to do something similar with a CompactRIO chassis? I am able to simulate a CRIO chassis inside a new project, but I am unable to find the simulated equipment in MAX in order to then simulate a signal in the analog channels.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,289 Views)

No, from what I know, this is not possible. But you can simulate the analog channels by using functions generators.

Regards,

Ricardo Ramos
Account Manager
+5511989658513 | ni.com

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,281 Views)