LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate tip strip with a string within a XControl

Hello!

I am trying to create a XControl which contains a graph, and the idea is that when the user leaves the mouse over a certain point in the graph, a pop up string would appear (after some delay) showing some information.

The main issue is that I wan to have everything inside the XControl, so that I do not have to worry about monitoring the mouse events in the main pane...

I have achieved this outside the XControl easily using a time elapsed control which is resetvery time that the user moves the mouse. When the time has finally elapsed, I activate the visibility of the string with the information I want to display. However, within the XControl it does not work properly as it is not running constantly (therefore when the out!) 

I thought of opening a dummy vi containing the elapsed time function when the XControl is initialized and then set the values of a control within the XControl to awake it and display the string, but for some reason, the XControl does not allow me to Call a vi by reference.

Any ideas on how this could be done?

Thank you very much in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,324 Views)

Hello check whether this is what you were looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,046 Views)