From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate an inductive current signal to be read with a Rigol Oscilloscope

Hi everybody

A company gave me the opportunity to work with them, but they ask me I have to use LabView and this is the  first time for me.

I have to simulate a current signal which is generated by a rotating permanent magnet, and compare it with a real test.

The real current signal must be read by a Rigol Oscilloscope, and then I have to sample the magnets with the relation between current and magnetism.

This is what I think to do:

1) Simulate a current signal with the Lenz law.

2) Realize an executable to use apart from LabView in order to read the real osciloscope's data

I have already read something about how to start with Labview, but i hope someone can help me, redirecting me to a specific topic or similar.

Please help Robot Embarassed

Best regard Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,742 Views)
I don't understand why you think you need an exe to read from the scope. There are various drivers for Rigol instruments. Use Help> Find Instrument Drivers to see if there is one for your model. At http://www.ni.com/downloads/instrument-drivers/ you will find instructions on what a driver is and how to use one. There are also numerous free tutorials on LabVIEW itself.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,721 Views)

of course, we'll use an oscilloscope and i found drivers for it. But I'm working on a licence provided by University, because the company have not intention to buy it. For this I need to extract an executable. 

Thanks for every other explanation.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,687 Views)
Sounds pretty shaky from a legal standpoint if you are using an academic license to develop commercial code. I don't know who's worse, the university or the company. If I had known this at the beginning, I wouldn't have helped.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,651 Views)

I don't know if there is something wrong using accademy licence for a commercial use. What I know is simply that a company, where I'm developing my thesys, is working with my university for a research. That's all.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,629 Views)