LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate PulseOximeter Readings%3F

Hi,

I have found a tutorial to simulate a pseudo heart rate. I need it to flucuate above and below 60BPM and once it drops below 60 bpm needs to stay there for 8seconds or more if it doesn't stay below 60bpm then do nothing and continue the system. 

Also I need to be able to simulate something similar for Oxygen levels. Do you have any VIs that simulate blood  oxygen levels. Again they need to drop 3%. I have very little knowledge of LabVIEW and am finding all this quite difficult. So what i need to be able to do is to take any drop in O2 levels and measure how long it's drops by 3% or more. If it lasts for more than 8secs count how many times it does that. 

I've attached the VI for heart rate but again it's not quite right. i need to get it to stay at about 60-80bpm and then every now and then if it drops below 60bpm for more than 8secs resgister it as an event. 

A little confusing to explain in text but I hope I've made myself clear.

Thanks,

Elaine

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,138 Views)

Hi Elaine,

There is a National Instruments white paper entitled "Build Your Own Heart Rate Monitor" which you can find here. You can download the code and adapt it to solve your problem.

You mentioned that if the heart rate falls below 60 for more than 8 seconds then you would like to trigger an event. To generate user events in LabVIEW we use event structures. You can find out more about these here. There is also a community page on how to programatically generate events here.

Once you have worked out how to simulate the heart rate you should be able to adapt this to the oxygen level example so it is probably best to concentrate on this first.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Maria McKavanagh

FSE West London & Surrey
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,078 Views)