LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple voltage read code works in LV2013, not in 2014

I have an SCXI-1000 with an 1102 voltage read module and a 1303 terminal block.  I'm trying to read a single voltage (right now it's a 6V battery for testing purposes).  I've attached the very simple .vi that I'm trying to use.

On LabView2014, the problem is that it will start out as reading 1.3V, then gradually decline to 0.9V.  Other times it will rise to 3.2V and cap out there.  Basically, it's just not reading the correct voltage.  I've confirmed the battery's voltage at the terminal block with a multimeter as 6V.  

If I run it in LabView2013, it works perfectly fine.  Unfortunately the system I need to use is Labview 2014, where it has this issue.

Literally the only difference is the version of Labview.  I've tried different chassis, modules, terminal blocks, and slots with no change.  The chassis is configured correctly in NI-MAX.  I don't know why a slightly newer version of Labview would cause this issue.  Any help would be appreciated.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,550 Views)

@oknice92 wrote:

I have an SCXI-1000 with an 1102 voltage read module and a 1303 terminal block.  I'm trying to read a single voltage (right now it's a 6V battery for testing purposes).  I've attached the very simple .vi that I'm trying to use.

On LabView2014, the problem is that it will start out as reading 1.3V, then gradually decline to 0.9V.  Other times it will rise to 3.2V and cap out there.  Basically, it's just not reading the correct voltage.  I've confirmed the battery's voltage at the terminal block with a multimeter as 6V.  

If I run it in LabView2013, it works perfectly fine.  Unfortunately the system I need to use is Labview 2014, where it has this issue.

Literally the only difference is the version of Labview.  I've tried different chassis, modules, terminal blocks, and slots with no change.  The chassis is configured correctly in NI-MAX.  I don't know why a slightly newer version of Labview would cause this issue.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Well, it's NOT the same.  It's a different test station, right?  😉

Is it properly grounded?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,524 Views)