LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Accelelaration Data Acquisition program, help with writing the measurements

Hi,

I am new to Labview, I have just created a simple acceleration data acquisition function that converts voltage signals to acceleration (g). I would like to save my data to excel by using 'write to measurement file' but the data saved is much slower to the actual time measurement. For instance, the function was running for 10 sec and data saved was only for 2 sec.  I would like to able to save data for 20 mins running time. I believe it has to do with the Timing settings. ( If I use a wave graph at the same time, an error appears)

Acquisition mode: Continuous samples
Samples to Read: 1K

Rate (Hz): 1k

The accelerometer I am using is this.

Accelerometer Sensitivity (mV/g): 300

Nominal Zero-g Voltage: 1.5

I would appreciate it if someone has something to suggest.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,559 Views)

1. You do not need the Wait in this loop.  The reading from the DAQ will limit the loop rate.

2. Look into using a Producer/Consumer setup.  The idea is to move the logging into a parallel loop so that it does not slow down the acquisition.  You use a queue to send the data from the DAQ loop to the logging loop.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,541 Views)

Thank you so much.

Can you please guide me how to put data in the queue from 'write to measurement file' ? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,489 Views)

@pblanos wrote:

Thank you so much.

Can you please guide me how to put data in the queue from 'write to measurement file' ? 

Did you follow the link I supplied in my previous post?  Here it is again: Producer/Consumer

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,485 Views)

Would this be suitable for my case?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,472 Views)