LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silverlight Errors in MAX

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all, I get some weird parser errors in MAX after updating to the latest DAQmx and Industrial Ethernet for EtherCAT drivers on my PXIe controller and chassis:

Capture.JPG

Finally some other errors before crashing:

Capture2.JPG

The rest of the software on the system looks like this:

Capture3.JPG

Anyone got any ideas? Perhaps an old version of silverlight?

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,412 Views)

Are you using VMWare?  I ask because there are several known issues with using Silverlight from a VM.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,407 Views)

It was working before, though, somewhat buggy..

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit right down to the silicon. 

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,404 Views)

Forgot to say, I also updated the System Configuration to 5.3.3

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/3560/lang/sv

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,394 Views)

After looking over the list of known issues I did discover one issue that may be related, but was originally reported to only effect Windows Vista x64.  It listed a work around to the issue was to reset internet security settings in Internet Explorer.  In addition, it looks like MAX 5.4 includes a fix, but it doesn't look like it has been posted yet on the web.  You may want to try the work around and the mean time I'll check on the status of 5.4.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,389 Views)

@JoshuaP wrote:

After looking over the list of known issues I did discover one issue that may be related, but was originally reported to only effect Windows Vista x64.  It listed a work around to the issue was to reset internet security settings in Internet Explorer.  In addition, it looks like MAX 5.4 includes a fix, but it doesn't look like it has been posted yet on the web.  You may want to try the work around and the mean time I'll check on the status of 5.4.

Okay, I tried to reduce the Internet security settings to no avail.

I got another error popup:

Capture4.JPG

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,385 Views)

Attached the error report from the first post.

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,383 Views)

Yep, that looks exacly like the issue that was addressed in 5.4.  We will get it posted as soon as possible and let you know once it is available.

Message 8 of 11
(3,375 Views)

I was worried for a moment something was wrong with the controlle or chassis. Smiley Surprised

I'll wait for that fix then.

Thanks for the help! Smiley LOL

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,361 Views)
Solution

Hey Roger,

I've uploaded System Configuration 5.4 here. Try running that installer and let us know if the behavior improves!

Luke W

Message 10 of 11
(3,337 Views)