LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silently installation Options for Device Drivers

Hi,

I am trying to do a Silently installation for LabView 7.1 using the /q and the spec file with my options, but I need to finish installing the Device Drivers with my options but the spec file for the device drivers is not included and I don't have the applications list for it. How/Where can I get this list?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,032 Views)
Hi, thanks for the question. If you want to do a silent install of LabVIEW along with the NI-DAQ Driver install with options, I would suggest writing a batch file containing two commands. The first command would do a silent install of LabVIEW:
"path to LV installer" /q
Then a second command that does a silent install with options of NI-DAQ:
"path to NI-DAQ setup.exe" "path to specfile" /q
This should give you the desired silent install.
-Alan A.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,006 Views)
Hi Alan,

Thank you for your help, right now I am using the following command line for LabView:

CD E:\NILVTEMP\NI LABVIEW 7.1_EN_001
setup E:\NILVTEMP\template_spec.txt /qb-! /r:n /l setup2.log

Where "template_spec.txt" contains the installation options for LabView, this spec file was included on the labview 7.1 CD but I can't find it for the Device Drivers. So I need to find a way to get an specific installation options like I do for LabView.

Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,995 Views)
Below is a link to a document for creating a silent install with options of DAQmx. At the bottom of that web page are the spec files for the last 3 versions of NI-DAQ. That should be what you are looking for!
-Alan A.

Creating a Silent Customized Installer for NI-DAQmx
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/CBDAA88478F7179C86256E36001BE050?OpenDocument
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,987 Views)
Below is a link to a document for creating a silent install with options of DAQmx. At the bottom of that web page are the spec files for the last 3 versions of NI-DAQ. That should be what you are looking for!
-Alan A.

Creating a Silent Customized Installer for NI-DAQmx
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/CBDAA88478F7179C86256E36001BE050?OpenDocument
Message 5 of 8
(3,969 Views)
Thank you Alan for the referece.

I read this reference before posting and I still have two issues with this.

Issue 1.
I need the silent installation I am using the following command line:

setup /qb /l setup.log

The /qb parameter makes the installation to show the basic UI but, since the application comes in two CD´s, in the middle of installation it asks for the location of CD2, I need to get a way to put all together that and make the installation to find it.

Issue 2.
I already review these spec files, I need the 7.3 but it does not specify wich are the options shown in the installation, I know my english is poor but what I need is the specific description + options like shown in daqmx72_specfile.txt attached to the reference. The daqmx_73specfile.txt has the options in alphabetical order and I don't understand what features are wich I need.

Thank you in advance
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,943 Views)
There are two setup.exe files that need to be run to install the driver, one on each CD. There are a couple of options if you do not want to have to change the CDs. First, if you do not want to install NI-Switch or device documentation, you do not even need the second CD. If you want to do the install both CDs, you will need to copy the contents of the CD to the desktop or to a network drive. You can have a command for each setup.exe file. You will need to change the path in the command to reflect where the setup.exe files are.

To find out what the entries are for the spec file for each option, you can run the installer wizard. When it gets to the window where it asks what options you want to install, you can highlight the option and press CTRL + SHIFT + D. That will pop up a feature peak window that will tell you the spec file entry for that option. Hope this info helps!
-Alan A.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,910 Views)
I finally solved mi Device Drivers issue as follows.

To disable asking for CD2 I modified the setup.ini file replacing all the VOLUME=2 tags with VOLUME=1 and copying all the media together.

I did the silently installatio using a spec file I created by geting the OPTIOS as Allan said (USING Ctrl+Shift+D)

After all I run a .BAT file firs running the setup for labview 7.1 and after it finished running the setup for the device drivers.

Thanks a lot for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,885 Views)