LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal matching pulse on the PFI1 output of a PXI 5412

I am trying to find a way to output a pulse (~1-2 volts) that can be used in a gated ampifier. The pulse time needs to match the time of the signal of the function generator.  Meaning if I have a 4 cycle sin at 5MHz that is 8 microseconds long, I need to have a positive pulse that that is also 8 mirco seconds long. The only output I have avialible is the PFI1 on my PXI 5412.

avantibob
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,219 Views)

You can use a marker to output on PFI1. Looking for markers and scripting in the NI-FGEN help. There information on how to use a marker to output a pulse in the NI-FGEN help documentation. You will have to use scripting to generate the marker event and there is documentation and examples in LabVIEW on how to script and use markers. 

Here is a link to some more information on markers: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B7DD0517E33CEEB086257A6400614466?OpenDocument

Noah | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,192 Views)

Door-C Thanks for your response. I have tried the marker for the pulse, but unfortunately I need it to match the time peroid of the generated signal. The marker in the toggle mode has no control of the time peroid or width and the pulse that it outputs is the length of the loop in which the signal is generate. In the pulse mode there is time limitaion on the length which is only 690 nano seconds. I have also thought of the script method, however the 5412 does not support script. I was hoping there was another way to export my desired pulse.

avantibob
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,188 Views)

Unfortunately the only way to output a digital pulse from your scope card is to use a marker. If you need an accurate digital pulse you may have to look into using a DAQ card or a specific counter card.

Noah | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,170 Views)

That is what I suspected. Thanks Door-C

avantibob
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,164 Views)