From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal conditioning circuit applicable to all types of thermocouples.

Hi all,

If you have the signal conditioning circuit that is applicable to all types of thermocouples , then send me its link. I am making DAQ card which has a 10 bit ADC. The signal conditioning should be perfect enough that the output voltage from

the signal conditioning circuit is in the range of 0 - 5 volts that can be applied to ADC. The input of the signal conditioning

circuit for my application is -10mV to + 80mV. I also read the NI tutorials for signal conditioning of thermocouples, that

also helped me but i want signal conditioning circuit with its explanation.

Waiting for your useful reply.
Kudos! Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,264 Views)

www.omega.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,248 Views)

repeat...please continue on

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=300&message.id=5169&jump=true#M5169

Doug Farrell
Solutions Marketing - Automotive
National Instruments

National Instruments Automotive Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,242 Views)

ALL TYPES of thermocouple will be hard to find unless you buy a converter from  Omega or Phoenix Contact

But you may start with AD594 or MAX 6675 Smiley Wink

Is this also for your PIC 18F..... project?

If yes I think you better off with raw IC isn't it?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,233 Views)

Unless you absolutly HAVE to use your ADC, I recommend the PICO Technologies TC-08 USB.  You can't beat the price for 8 thermocouple inputs.  I've found it to be very accurate (when simulating signals from my Fluke Thermocouple calibrator).  It also supports a fairly large range of thermocouple types.

I've written some LabVIEW drivers for the device.  I've been meaning to clean them up and submit them to NI so that they can be available for all.  Hit me up if you want them.  The only draw back of the device is you can only get about 2 samples a second.

If your application requires faster sample rates or more configuration options, I would look at the AD594 and AD595 product line from Analog Devices.  You will have to make your own circuit boards for these instrument amplifiers but following their application notes makes the process pretty easy.  I use these for my applications that require fast response in conjunction with Omega bare wire thermocouples (that come as small as 0.0005" wire diameters and are very fast).

Message 5 of 9
(4,219 Views)

Can you send me your LABVIEW driver for the TC-08 USB and easy to understand examples?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,983 Views)
Is it a third party driver or NI's? If it is of NI's, you can download it for free from their site.
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,974 Views)

Hello to everybody!

I'm trying to acquire a themocouple signal by means of Pico instrument. In particular, I'm using the USB TC-08 device. When I bought the instrument there was a labview VI together with it. Unfortunately, I have to implement the device in a old VI with different acquisition instruments (like ABB analyzer, and pressure signal from a National Instruments DAQ signal). Finally I have to coordinate the acquisition signal in order to acquire a coherent signal in time from different instruments.

I have little experience..so I'm waiting to obtain an help from someone.

Thank you in advance for your help

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,898 Views)

PicaPica,

Are you saying that your USB TC-08 device came with instrument drivers for LabVIEW? If that's the case, you could try incorporating the functions from these instrument drivers into your overall program.

Regards,

Leah

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,866 Views)