From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Generation

I am using PowerAMp, and LabVIEW runtime engine, to attempt to create Schumann Resonance signals on  a laptop. Not interested in the audio, however. I want to generate the waveform to run to an amp which will then be used to create an induced field.

Additionally, we want to be able to create 6 other frequencies simultaneously.

Can I do that with this software? If not, could someone point me to which software I should look at?

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,197 Views)

The LabVIEW runtime engine allows running programs built with the LabVIEW application builder. Unlike LabVIEW, It is not a programming environment so you can only run what others have programmed. What exactly are you using it for? Since you posted in the LabVIEW forum, I assume that you also have LabVIEW.

Please provide significantly more detail.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,170 Views)

@MysterySchools wrote:

Can I do that with this software?

I agree with Altenbach that your question is so vague as to be unanswerable.  However, here are some specific answers about questions that you might have meant to ask:

• With LabVIEW, you can create a Sound File (.wav) that contains a representation of a synthesized waveform, say a sinusoid of 7.83 Hz.  Like any computer-generated file, it will be a digital representation of a continuous waveform.
  • When generating waveforms, it is easy (in LabVIEW) to combine them using Addition, Subtraction, and other forms of modulation (e.g. Fade In/Fade Out).
  • If you don't have LabVIEW, then the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine would seem to be of little utility.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,163 Views)