LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Generation

I am using PowerAMp, and LabVIEW runtime engine, to attempt to create Schumann Resonance signals on  a laptop. Not interested in the audio, however. I want to generate the waveform to run to an amp which will then be used to create an induced field.

Additionally, we want to be able to create 6 other frequencies simultaneously.

Can I do that with this software? If not, could someone point me to which software I should look at?

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,203 Views)

The LabVIEW runtime engine allows running programs built with the LabVIEW application builder. Unlike LabVIEW, It is not a programming environment so you can only run what others have programmed. What exactly are you using it for? Since you posted in the LabVIEW forum, I assume that you also have LabVIEW.

Please provide significantly more detail.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,176 Views)

@MysterySchools wrote:

Can I do that with this software?

I agree with Altenbach that your question is so vague as to be unanswerable.  However, here are some specific answers about questions that you might have meant to ask:

• With LabVIEW, you can create a Sound File (.wav) that contains a representation of a synthesized waveform, say a sinusoid of 7.83 Hz.  Like any computer-generated file, it will be a digital representation of a continuous waveform.
  • When generating waveforms, it is easy (in LabVIEW) to combine them using Addition, Subtraction, and other forms of modulation (e.g. Fade In/Fade Out).
  • If you don't have LabVIEW, then the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine would seem to be of little utility.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,169 Views)