LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing data from mysql database to labview interface

Hi guys, I'm new with Labview, I'm working on a project and now I'm in the final step, I need to show some data from my website's database in my application (.exe) made with labview, is that possible? and if there's any tutorial will be helpfull!

Thanks and sorry for my English.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,469 Views)

Do you have the database toolkit?  Look in the Connectivity palette for a set of Database VIs.  As long as you know the connection settings to the mySQL server, it is fairly simple to query a set of rows and columns.  Examples are included with the toolkit. 

If you don't have this toolkit, there are other toolkits that use the same ActiveX calls.  One that i have use was called LabSQL.  There are probably others that I am not familiar with but try one of these and post back if you have additional questions.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,427 Views)

Do you have direct access to the database or is the LabVIEW application going to have to make calls to your website in order to get the data?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,415 Views)

sadly I don't have connectivity toolkits so I will try labSQL, many thanks for help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,386 Views)

I do have a direct access to the database.

PS: Sorry if I wrote two messages, but I didn't know how   to reply to both messages in only one message.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,385 Views)

Just write your message addressing each person.

Aputman,

I want to tell you this.

Jacobson,

I want to tell you something different.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,381 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Aputman,

I want to tell you this.

Jacobson,

This way is more informative anyways, unless you include a quote of the person you are replying to.  The two separate posts that the OP made above give no indication about to whom the reply is addressed.  

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,378 Views)

@aputman wrote:

@RavensFan wrote:

Aputman,

I want to tell you this.

Jacobson,

This way is more informative anyways, unless you include a quote of the person you are replying to.  The two separate posts that the OP made above give no indication about to whom the reply is addressed.  

ok Thanks guys again sorry for spaming.

RavensFan,

Thanks also for help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,369 Views)