From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show called subVI on panel

Hello,

I'm trying to show the executed SubVI on the front panel of my main VI.

How I see it: I would like to have a string indicator on the frontpanel, showing the name of the SubVI that is currently executed.

Kind regards,

Robbie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,563 Views)

We need more information than that. What is your code structure like? How are you loading the subVIs?

If you can work it in to your code when you call a subVI that you care about you can use the "VI Nam" property to pull the name as a string if you have a reference to the VI.

Sharing your code is the easiest way for support.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,521 Views)

Hello, 

Please find an example of my description in the attachment.

KR,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,518 Views)

Hi Lektroluv, I attached a way to do what you want, it is based on a notifier in which each SubVI publish his name, you can improve this put the code in a Library, etc.

I hope this help you.

Message 4 of 8
(3,500 Views)
It sounds you need subpanels maybe. Tou can check here (start with the post at the bottom of the list and work your way up)

http://www.notatamelion.com/category/subpanels/

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,476 Views)

Hello AYanez,

This is working for my example code, but when I implement it in my code from work it is not working...

It's not possible to share the code I use professionally in this topic.

It's unclear why it is not.

Is it that the drivers are in different folder? Or something else that could make it not work?

Basically the code I use in my professional environment is to initialize some drivers of instruments which are in the inst.lib folder and some self-made subvi's in a library folder.

Do you have any idea? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,441 Views)

Hi Robbie, what is the problem, the indicator does not update or the showing value is wrong?. If the code is complex with many parallel VIs use a Notifier could be not the best way because only store the last value, with more information we could looking for a better solution.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,405 Views)

The indicator string is not always empty, no last value or something.

Software is confidential, so a better example than before cannot be added, but indeed the code is very complex with allot of subvi's etc. ...

This example is a really light version of the complete software.

It would be used as an extra feature in my software, but no big issue if it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,364 Views)