LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show an Indicator from the frontpanel when a running labview program is minimized?

Hi Folks

When a labview program is finish and is made to an executeable program, I want when the program is running to press a  minimize button,
and whenthe program window is minimized, i want a certain data indicator from the front panel of the minimized Progr. w. to be visible in the minimized program in the Windows XP's Processline . Is it long out or is it possible to solve??

Regards
Zamzam
HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,080 Views)
Hello Zamzam,

i think you cannot have an indicator in the Windows process bar.
But:
You can change the window title to something meaningful (like: "value= 123.45"). So you can read the actual value of your indicator in the process bar. The property you need is called "Front Panel Window:Title".

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(3,070 Views)
Gerdw wrote
---------------------------------------
Hello Zamzam,

i think you cannot have an indicator in the Windows process bar.
But:
You can change the window title to something meaningful (like: "value= 123.45"). So you can read the actual value of your indicator in the process bar. The property you need is called "Front Panel Window:Title".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think I understand what you mean by changing the window title. What window are you talking about?  About the Front Panel Window: Title.
 An example for my program  is , if I got a random generator plotted out on a graph or chart, Then i got an indicator for the  values that are been plottet on the graph, and i still need to see this indicator values, even if  i minimize the running VI. That means when i minimize the Running VI. it goes down to the windows process line. There  I need to see the Random nr. generator values.! I dont think its possible in labview. But meaby there's is some methode where I meaby can implement a C program that can manage that! What do you think??

Regards
Zamzam  
HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,039 Views)

Actually I think Gerd's idea is very good (and I gave it 5 stars). When a window is minimized, its title is what appears in the button on the taskbar. If you constantly change the title, the text on the button will change as well, so wiring your data into the title property all the time will do what you want. 

Another option is to create another VI which will be very small and will be floating above the rest of the windows (you can change all this in the Window Appearance section of the VI Properties menu). Whenever you minimize your VI, you display this VI instead. You can recognize that the VI is minimized by polling for its FP.State property or maybe by catching the Panel Resize event. You can transfer the data to the floating VI through any global communication means that you like.

Hello HFZ,

I made a small demonstration.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 6
(3,032 Views)
Hi Friends,
Coz I never even had the thought about how to make such a wonderfull solution, I desided to give you all what you deserve,
You are five stars proff's.

Thanks!!!

Regards
Hassan  Zamzam
HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,006 Views)