From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcuts?

All,

I'm a very keyboard oriented person, if I can use a program without ever touching the mouse then I will. I realise this is not the way labview is built but I was just curious if there wasn't a way to speed things up. For example, I'd like to be able to create a local variable by holding down a key combination and clicking on the control/indicator, is this possible? I'm interested in finding out other ways of speeding up my programming time. Srolling through menu after menu can really slow me down.

Regards,
Ken
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,515 Views)
Hmmm.. I don't know how to do that but it reminds me a funny thread, please have a look at it !

Smiley Very Happy

Message Edité par TiTou le 10-05-2006 06:33 PM

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,508 Views)
You may want to take a look at third-party solutions like those that create keyboard/mouse macros. Something like AutoIt or AutoHotKey.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,501 Views)
LabVIEW won't be that easy without any mouse, but since you talk about "clicking" on things, I assume you still have a mouse. 😉

Once you have one local variable, you can make more instances by "ctrl+drag" it to a new location.

Local variables should be used sparingly, so if 80% of your coding time is wasted creating locals, maybe you should have a long and hard look at your programming style. 😄

Message Edited by altenbach on 10-05-2006 10:21 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,488 Views)
I only use local variables where appropriate. I write very large labview applications for my company and they sometimes have very deep and complex execution structures that require the use of local variables.

Regards,
Ken
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,472 Views)