From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut menu behaves differently in .vi and .exe

I am running a complicated program (Program.vi) with many nested x-controls.  A near bottom level x-control (NestLevel_5.xctl) uses shortcut menu activation to pop a special menu on a right click.  The functionality works correctly in the top level.vi (Program.vi). Unfortunately, it does not quite work in the .exe (Program.exe) that I build from Program.vi.  In Program.exe, the right click gives the special menu over most of the highly nested xcontrol (NestLevel_5.xctl), but not over the portion of the x-control that nests yet another x-control (NestLevel_6.xctl).  Over this bottom-most x-control (NestLevel_6.xctl), the Program.exe gives the standard menu for right clicks.

I have built an .exe for a tester for this isolated near-bottom level x-control (NestLevel_5_tester.exe), and it functions correctly.  Likewise, .exe's function correctly for all tester routines that increase the nesting, i.e. NestLevel_4_tester.exe, NestLevel_3_tester.exe, etc. .  The functionality only fails in my topmost routine Program.exe.

Any thoughts?  I have tried a mass compile without success.

Joel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,143 Views)

I had a similar issue come up in a built EXE.  In the Build Specifications, make sure the menu file is Always Included in the Source Files section.  See if that helps.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,128 Views)

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you mean by the "menu file".  I'm just using the "Insert Menu Items Function" which takes an array of strings.   And note that the .exe basically works, including the menu activation.  It is just that something is disabling the special menu activation over a small region of where it should be activated.

Joel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,119 Views)