LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared variables with FPGA Module

Hi everyone.

I am having some trouble passing a shared variable from RT to FPGA with my sbRIO-9651.

I am using a 32-bit Integer going from the FPGA to the RT and an Unsigned 16-Bit Integer going from RT to FPGA. The U16 Integer connects to an enum in a windows host VI.

Any ideas why I might be getting issues? I Can pass data from windows to RT perfectly fine, its just when it gets from RT to FPGA that I get build errors.

UPDATE: I have included the zip file of the project. Its a little convoluted to follow as I haven't finished modifying the code yet and it originated from a wizard, so lots of code I don't need. But the FPGA VI should be fairly clear.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,482 Views)

Shared variables do not work on FPGA.  You need to open a reference to the bit file you want loaded (you have to do this anyways to get your FPGA to run) and then write to the front panel controls of the FPGA VI through the FPGA Read/Write Controls (it looks a lot like a property node).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,461 Views)