cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Variables deployment failed

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi bjlv,

Have you been connecting to your cRIO over a network?  If so, it may be useful to connect your device directly via USB to see if the behavior changes.

Also, I would recommend looking at the links included by annaV on this forum to ensure that you have followed the necessary steps to restore the settings of your cRIO.  You are using a different cRIO than what is mentioned in the forum, but the information is still applicable.

-cblanchard

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(1,038 Views)

I am connecting to the cRIO with a direct connection, no network.  I have used different cables, including a crossover, without changing the problem.  Today, I had already tried the USB connection as an alternative to ethernet, and it does seem to stay connected.  The forum link you suggested is to advice that I should reformat the cRIO drive and reload the cRIO software.  That is exactly what I have done multiple times.  I still can not deploy (using ethernet, haven't changed the IP address to try from USB) to the cRIO ever since I did that 2 times ago.  I most recently did the reformat and reload from a different PC with different versions of the cRIO software and NI-MAX.  I still can not deploy from LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(1,034 Views)

Hi  bjlv,

I have been discussing this with some colleagues and it seems that you have opened a Service Request for this issue.  It may be best if we keep communication over that Service Request and I will continue to communicate with the colleague who has been assisting you.

However, once we find out the source of the problem it would be very helpful to have a post on this forum that indicates our resolution/conclusion.

-cblanchard

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(1,022 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bjlv

Well, in the end the problem is due to a PC Firewall intermittently deciding to kill the Ethernet connection, and then allow it again without telling the user it is doing anything.  The way to fix the problem is to turn off the Firewall, or to "whitehat" the IP address of the cRIO.  In my project, the "whitehat" solution is best and easy since I have the cRIO use a static IP address.  I have done cRIO projects with the PC configured similarly in the past, but this one had more cRIO to Host communication than past projects, which may be why I never saw this before.

Message 24 of 24
(992 Views)