From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Variable - Programmatically obtain a list of PCs subscribed to a shared variable

Hi All,

I am interested in being able to create a list of subscribers to a shared variable that will update as PCs are connected and disconnected.

Currently I have 1 PC reading atmospheric data and hosting it as a network published shared variable. I would like to have on the frontpanel of the host machine an "Active Clients" list to show which PCs are currently subscribing to that variable. I was wondering if there is a simpler method of acheiving this than my current plan of having the client PCs send commands back to the hosting PC.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance. Cat Very Happy

-DY

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,131 Views)

Hi dyeung,

I do not know about some easy way but you can try following approach. Method how to obtain all PSP variables in network is shown here http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvconcepts/usingdynvarapi/

so if the libraries will be deployed and undeployed programmatically,  presence of PSP variable in the list means the client is "active".

Best regards,

CaravagGIO

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,082 Views)