From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up frequency sweeps using HP33120A

I am trying to set up a frequency sweep in LabVIEW by programming a HP33120A Function Generator. Would appreciate if someone who has worked on it suggest a method appropriately. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,757 Views)
Did you download the driver from here? It has a function called ag33xxx - Config Frequency Sweep. I haven't used this in a while and I don't remember if there is any other steps that need to be done to setup the instrument but this should give you a starting point. You can also manually sweep the instrument by having ag33xxx - Config Waveform in a loop and incrementing the frequency input.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,754 Views)
Thanks for the information. I am actually looking at setting up a discrete frequency sweep (say 500 Hz, 1000 Hz, so on). The instrument library provides the user with setting up a continuous frequency sweep. Is there a way to do this manually?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,750 Views)

By manually, do you mean from the front panel? If you really mean programtically, then use ag33xxx - Config Waveform like I said inside a loop. A shift register would be initialized to your starting value. Inside the while loop, wire the shift register to the frequency input of the ag33xxx - Config Waveform function. Also inside the loop, increment the shift register by another control that you specify a value for. Add another control for a stop value and terminate the while loop when the current value of the shift register is equal to/greater than the stop value. I've attached a picture that I did just a couple of days ago for an almost identical question (just a different instrument). The picture has a constant for the start and stop value so if you want to use different values at times, replace them with controls.

If you want an uneven step value, you can place an array of values outside a for loop and auto-index the array.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,744 Views)
Thanks a lot Dennis for your help. Will get back to you if I have further questions.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,732 Views)

Hi,

I'm trying to setup HP33120A waveform generator, can you please let me know the link for this particular device driver ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,965 Views)