LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a router with ni-VISA

Hello, i have a cRIO 9075 that i want to connect to internet, i have bought a GPRS router for this (Insys imo-1) now the problem is that i have no idea how to establish the connection between my cRIO and my modem. I have looked into it a bit, and it looks like ni-VISA might be a viable choice! 

So my question is if anyone has done anything similiar through VISA? The ideal solution would just be to add my router to the cRIO port i want to use with NI-VISA (I'm using a RS232 cable), and then somehow program an internet connection to the cRIO with labview. So i have a few questions regarding adding a device to ni_VISA, and i hope someone that has done something similiar or has knowledge in this area could help me! 

First of all, is it possible getting an internet connection to a cRIO through NI-visa, is this the recommended way to do establish a connection for a cRIO?

Secondly, what is NI-VISA driver wizard? Do i need to do anything in there?

In VISA interactive center i can navigate to my cRIO and from there choose the port my router is connected to, but in "view attributes" and in "Is port connected" it says invalid property value, what does this error mean, how can i correct this? 

I understand that i have asked a lot of questions, but if you could just answer anything i would be very appreciative! Any help is welcome as i'm a beginner in labview and i don't know how to pursue my project!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,283 Views)