From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting justify in report tables?

Hi All,

I'm venturing into the world of report generating and want to know if there is a way to set cell justification for the tables generated by the "Append Table to Report" VI.  The results don't look half bad but my data cells are all left justified and I'd like to move them to center justified.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Greg Cole
“It is not the ship so much as the skillful sailing that ensures the prosperous voyage.”
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,674 Views)
If you go into the report generating VIs, you will see that the report generator is an ActiveX object with properties and methods. The interface is not that great (sorry, Darren) since it's not fully exposed, but you can find an Alignment property in all kinds of places (like the report itself or the cell).

Unfortunately, it looks like the only way to get to a specific cell is by creating the table and the row for that cell, so you will need to modify the VIs (remember to give them different names and save them elsewhere).

Hey, I didn't write the interface, I just own it.  😉

-D
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,652 Views)

Thanks TST,

I had to do a lot of drilling and exploring but found the location based on your suggestion.  For the record, the mod is in  the "Enter Row Cell Data" VI.  I have included a screen shot of the mod.

Greg Cole
“It is not the ship so much as the skillful sailing that ensures the prosperous voyage.”
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,649 Views)

I'm glad you got it working.  If you think this would be useful functionality to add to the VIs, file a suggestion at the Product Suggestion Center and I'll look into including it in a future LabVIEW version.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,643 Views)