LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up a Hall Effect Flow Meter

Hi everyone,

First off please bear with me as I'm still very new to Labview but I'll be as specific as I can.

I have a flow meter which uses the Hall Effect with a square wave signal output to measure liquid flow rate. The 3 pins, signal, ground and power, have been connected to ports P2.0/PF1 0, D GND and +5V respectively. I've made a simple VI to count the number of rotations, which I'll convert to flow rate at a later date. However when the flow meter is connected to a pump and the magnet is rotating the VI isn't counting anything.

Has anyone got any advice or an example of how a square wave Hall Effect sensor is used to measure flow rate? Any information which you could be provided would be much appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

Scott

Flow Meter: BIO Tech FCH-m-PP-LC

DAQ: NI USB-6001

LabView: v14.0f1 (32 bit)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,167 Views)

Hi Scott,

If you plug the signal and ground into an oscilloscope, can you see your signal?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,149 Views)

I have and when I pass a flow I get a signal (I'm not sure how to interpret it but I get a signal which stops when I stop the flow) which I've attached.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,115 Views)

I know it sounds odd but it only counts if I physically move the flow meter about in the air, not when the magnet is rotating due to liquid flow...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,110 Views)