LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up LabView to control Oscilloscope TDS 3054B

Hello,

I am very new to LabView, anything from you would help me a lot.  I am assigned to set up a workstation which runs LabView 8.2 to control different instrument.  I am now trying to learn how to hook/setup an oscilloscope TDS 3054B via a GPIB port and using LabView to control this Oscilloscope.  I need help on the steps to do this and i am very new to LabView.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,643 Views)

Do read this tutorial

For GPIB on LabVIEW, refer to example vi's shipped with LabVIEW, Find examples>> Hardware input and output>>GPIB folder will have these example vi's

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,634 Views)

Hi.. I am trying to automate a 3054 B Textronix oscilloscope to acquire waveforms. The sequence of the program are as follows:

1. Set up 3054 B.

2. ACquire waveform

3. Write to file.

4. Proceed to next measurement.

And the loop repeats and for each measurement, the waveform needs to be recorded. The problem is in the first step the waveform is recorded but however once the acquisition is stopped and the data is recorded, 3054 B doesnot automatically acquires the next waveform.

I have to clear the acquisition manually using the RUN/STOP button on the front panel and only then the next waveform is acquired or else it just retains the previously acquired waveform in the display. Can anyone help me how to solve the problem so that in each step it can save the data and then clear the display and prepare to acuire the new waveform.

To acuire the waveform, I have used the command:

:ACQ : STAT RUN and then :ACQ : STOPA SEQ

The data has been recorded in the same way as the labview driver for 3054 B.

After the acquisition, I used :ACQ : STAT STOP.

I just the display to show the live waveform once the acquisition and data recording is finished. I checked the 3054 B manual but couldnot understand how to deal with this.

Any help will be highly appreciated. This is also my first post here, so if there is any mistake please let me know.

With Regards

Samik

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,741 Views)

Ok. I did it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,720 Views)

Glad to hear you solved your issue. In the future, please post your issue in a new message on the appropriate forum to increase the visibility of the issue. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,674 Views)