From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Time Server Search Order in DSC Run-Time

Hello,

can somebody help me with explanation how can I set the  Time Server Search Order in DSC 8.6 Run-Time System? I can set it in development environment, but how can I transfer this to the Run-Time machine?

I want to synchronise a system clock of the machine to another machine acting as the time server, running NI Time Syncronization service.

Is it better to use standard Windows XP sync routines instead of NI ?

Thanks a lot,

romp

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,868 Views)

I've just run into the same issue.  Does anybody have an answer to this?

Thanks,

--David Moerman

TruView Technology Integration Ltd.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,614 Views)

Hi David,

after trying NI approach ( I've got some tips from support, you should edit the Registry ) I found it just don't work well, so I have disable it completely and move to Microsoft mechanisms for clock synchronising. Looks like NI still didn't work this out as it should....it's a shame aince this is very fundamental stuff.

romp

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,611 Views)

Thanks for the reply romp,

What Microsoft mechanisms are you referring to... internet time servers?  That isn't an option for me because my automation network is isolated from the internet for security reasons.  Is there another way to synchronize time?

--Dave

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,600 Views)